Last Updated on September 18, 2020
To be comfortable diagnosing issues with an electric circuit you need a good multimeter: 7-function multimeter
- Easy to read digital LCD
- Efficient for beginners and professionals
These days, absolutely every home has a large number of electrical circuits. It is possible to have some kind of damage from time to time in some of them. When this happens, the best way to find the solution is with an efficient multimeter. That is why here we analyze the Cen tech 7 function digital multimeter.
As you will notice, it is a tool that is very versatile and easy to use. So, by acquiring this multimeter, you can test transistors, batteries, and diodes, measure resistance and continuity, and test AC and DC voltage as well as DC. That’s why it’s a highly convenient tool to have in your home.
Beyond that, electrical professionals know the need for a multimeter that is easy to use and convenient. That’s why they included an LCD that helps to read the measurements made. Also, test leads are included, so you don’t have to buy any additional items. In a few steps, you will be able to use the following features:
- Highly resistant housing
- Powered by a 9-volt battery
- Compact design and comfortable to use
Easy to read
Positive set selector switch
Low battery indicator
Fuse and diode protected circuit
In each of the measurements that are made with this tool will be obtained readings with an excellent level of accuracy.
Features of the Cen-Tech 7 Function Digital Multimeter
On the one hand, it is useful to mention that many electrical professionals decide to opt for this particular multimeter. So one of the biggest advantages is the level of versatility that it can offer to the 7 functions of this digital multimeter.
You will have the ability to use this multimeter with different electrical components. For this, it is possible to have different tests such as DC voltage, AC voltage, and DC. By doing this, you will notice that any repair or testing of an electronic component will be much easier. At the same time, it is also possible to test the transistor, resistance, and continuity, as well as test batteries.
To provide convenient functionality this digital multimeter also has an excellent LCD. In particular, this feature makes it much easier to read while working. To this, we can add that the automatic steel adjustment provides a much more comfortable use at all times.
The whole structure has been manufactured with a special design that provides a comfortable grip. Also, the update level of this tool is 2.5 times for every second of use. In case this digital multimeter has a low battery, you will notice the sound indicator. There is also another indicator that will inform you about an excess range.
Here to complement the functionality there are usually two wires representing the black probe and the red probe. In other words, this is an electronic work tool that offers simple use in general. Here both professionals and beginners will be able to obtain excellent results.
- Excellent level of versatility
- Easy to use
- Automatic Zeroing
- Easy to read digital LCD
- Two AA batteries are required
Buying Guide: What to Consider in a Digital Multimeter?
In these times, there are a lot of digital multimeters that can provide different characteristics. That is why it is necessary to analyze some key aspects of one of these electronic tools. There are a lot of options but it would be great if you acquire a tool such as one of the best multimeter to be used in your tasks. For after all, comfort and versatility are what we are aiming for.
- A Lot of Functions: In principle, the most important aspect is the number of functions that a digital multimeter can offer. The most commonly used functions are the ammeter, the voltmeter, as well as the continuity, and the resistance of an electrical circuit. Of course, the more functions a multimeter has, the more convenient it will be.
- Digital Display: One of the secondary but important aspects is the digital display. In the case that a digital multimeter incorporates an inadequate digital display, readings could be more difficult. On the contrary, a digital LCD allows for much easier and more comfortable readings.
- Automatic Zeroing: Here, professionals are used to knowing how to use a digital multimeter over and over again. However, novice users may need some help in this regard. Thus, the automatic zeroing allows beginners to obtain an easier configuration, and therefore a more comfortable use. (1)
- Structure and Accessories: On the one hand, the most important accessories are the red and black probes for the moment of work. When a user does not have these probes it is impossible to obtain measurements of the electrical circuits. On the other hand, the structure of the digital multimeter can allow a comfortable or uncomfortable grip.
How do you read a CEN-Tech digital multimeter?
In principle, to use your digital multimeter you must have the red and black probes. You must use these two probes to locate them in a certain electrical circuit. Before that, you must choose in your digital multimeter the electrical value you want to obtain. Here you can choose in voltage, amperage, resistance, continuity, or others.
Specifically, you must touch two exposed wires of a certain circuit with the red and black probes. After that, in the display of your digital multimeter, you will be able to visualize the value according to the function you have chosen.
Are Harbor Freight multimeters good?
Here we must mention that among the best characteristics of these multimeters, we obtain a very simple function for all types of users. Here you do not need to be a professional electrician to get good use. So, hobbyists can use this tool to their advantage. (2)
At the same time, here it is possible to have a set of functionalities that will inform you about different values of an electric circuit. Besides, this is highly convenient since it allows you to save a certain amount of money and avoid hiring a professional for certain tasks. That is why these multimeters are not only good but also convenient.
Undoubtedly, having a multimeter of some kind can provide a lot of solutions and benefits. Also, you don’t need to be an electrician to get good use out of a multimeter. Here, the different values of a given electrical or electronic circuit will give you some advantage. This means you will know exactly what adjustments to make in your home.
(1) automatic zeroing – https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/4120953
(2) hobbyists – https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/hobbyist