A padlock is a metal lock that is used to secure any door or box. It can be open using the particular key of that padlock model. But the most frustrating fact about a padlock is when you lost your keys. This is one of the most irritating experiences for everyone. However, it is possible to open a padlock without a key.
Here’s the guide for the best padlock this year!
Several Different Ways to Open a Padlock Without Keys
If you are stuck in a situation where you forget or lose the keys. In this frustrating situation, you need not panic as you can open that padlock without a key. There are several ways and techniques by which you can unlock a padlock without a key.
1. Using a Hammer
- The first and most straightforward method to unlock a padlock without a key is using a hammer.
How to use a hammer technique to open a padlock without keys?
This is the simplest and easiest way to unlock a padlock without a key.
- First, put your two fingers in the sackle loop to create tension, and then use fingers to force the sackle away from the body of the padlock.
- Now use a hammer or the same tool to hit the side of the padlock. Make sure that you are hitting that side that contains the fixed end of the sackle. The technique to use a hammer is to hit fast with short strikes. This will help the padlock to disengage the pins inside.
- While you feel the disengaging, you need to pull the padlock, and it will unlock.
2. Using Wrenches
- If you lose your padlock key, you can use wrench tools to unlock the padlock. You will need two wrenches with the same or giant size loop, just like the padlock. Make sure that both the wrenches are of the same size or close to the same size. This will help in applying even force on both the wrenches. But after opening a padlock using a wrench, you cannot reuse that padlock.
What are the steps involved in unlocking a padlock using a wrench?
It is not a complex technique to unlock a padlock using wrench tools. Steps involved in unlocking a padlock using wrench tools are:
- First, you need to adjust both the wrenches on your shaped sackle of the padlock. It is essential to keep the twists in the same positions.
- Adjust both the wrenches in the middle of the sackle of the padlock.
- Now pull the wrenches on the opposite side so that the sackle of the padlock will break into two.
This will unlock your padlock without a key. After unlocking the padlock, you cannot reuse it.
3. Using Compressed Air and a Hammer
- This is also an excellent technique to unlock a padlock without a key. You will need a compressed air spray bottle and a hammer. Compressed air contains difluoroethane, which is also known as cooling gas. This is used to lock the neck shaking part of the padlock and unlock it using a hammer.
What are the steps involved in opening a padlock using compressed air and a hammer?
Opening a padlock using compressed air and a hammer is quite a good technique. You will need a compressed air spray bottle and a hammer to use this technique. Follow these below steps to unlock a padlock without a key: (1)
- First, spray the compressed air for about 30-40 seconds to one end of the lock. Make sure you are wearing gloves while performing this technique.
- After spraying for 30-40 seconds, you can see that metal will become appearing light than its usual color.
- This is the best time to hit the hammer on the padlock. You have to hit the hammer repeatedly until the padlock breaks.
This will break that padlock, and it is not reusable anymore.
4. Using a Bolt-Cutter
- A bolt cutter is a tool that is used to cut any metal. You can use this tool to open a padlock without a key. This is a technique that does not need more effort. This tool is designed in such a way that any metal can be cut with minor efforts. (2)
What are the steps involved in unlocking a padlock with a bolt cutter?
Steps involved in unlocking a padlock with a bolt cutter are:
- You will need a bolt cutter and adjust it to the place where you want to cut the sackle of the padlock.
- After that, you need to squeeze the bolt cutter until the sackle of the padlock breaks.
This is a pretty good technique that will not need the most effort in unlocking a padlock without a key.
You do not need to worry about it because there are several ways with which you can open a padlock without a key. Hopefully the methods we outlined above help you get into yours.
(1) air spray bottle – https://home.howstuffworks.com/question673.htm
(2) metal – http://www.edu.xunta.gal/centros/cafi/aulavirtual/pluginfile.php/38297/